Your privacy is important to Frasers Property Australia.
Your privacy is important to us. This statement outlines Frasers Property's policy on how we manage the personal information we hold. It applies to all divisions and organisations in the Frasers Property group.
It is Frasers Property's policy to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. Frasers Property is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) including the Australian Privacy Principles ('Principles') and any relevant privacy code registered under the Privacy Act. The Principles are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is managed.
In summary, the Principles define 'personal information' as information or an opinion (whether true or not) relating to an identified individual or which can be used to identify that individual.
What kind of personal information do we collect?
- customers, clients, tenants and suppliers;
- job applicants, employees, and contractors;
- shareholders; and
- other people who may come into contact with Frasers Property or one of the divisions or organisations in the Frasers Property group.
What methods do we use to collect your personal information?
How do we use personal information and to whom may we disclose it?
- to provide products or services that have been requested;
- to help us manage and enhance our products and services, including by analysing future customer needs;
- to facilitate our internal business purposes;
- to communicate with you;
- to assess the suitability of prospective tenants;
- to provide ongoing marketing information about our products and services to people that we believe may be interested;
- to comply with legal obligations;
- to deal with complaints and enquiries; and;
- recruitment of employees and contractors.
Depending on the product or service concerned, personal information may be disclosed to:
- other divisions or organisations within the Frasers Property group;
- joint venture/ alliance partners;
- service providers and specialist advisers to Frasers Property who have been contracted to provide Frasers Property with administrative, financial, research or other services;
- other insurers, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities as agreed or authorised by law;
- reference agencies or insurance investigators; or
- anyone authorised by an individual, as specified by that individual or the contract.
We require that organisations outside the Frasers Property group who handle or obtain personal information as service providers to Frasers Property acknowledge the confidentiality of this information, undertake to respect any individual's right to privacy and comply with the Australian Privacy Principles and this Policy. We also require that these organisations use this information only for our purposes and otherwise follow our reasonable directions with respect to this information.
Sensitive information is subject to greater restrictions
Some personal information which we collect is 'sensitive'. Sensitive information includes a person's racial or ethnic origin, religion, membership of political bodies or trade unions, sexual preferences or activities, criminal record, state of health and medical history. The way we use tax file numbers is also restricted by law. Sensitive information, specifically health information, may be relevant to applications by prospective employees and while consent will be sought before this is obtained, we may not be able to adequately assess candidates' suitability for some positions without this information. The Principles require that sensitive information is used and disclosed only for the purposes for which it was provided, or a directly related secondary purpose, unless you agree otherwise or for other specific reasons such as if the use or disclosure of this information is required by law (for example, to prevent a crime or serious injury). Documents asking for sensitive information will explain this.
Management and security of personal information
We have appointed a National Privacy Compliance Officer to oversee our management of personal information in accordance with this policy and the Privacy Act. Frasers Property trains it employees who handle your information to respect the confidentiality of customer information and your privacy. Frasers Property regards breaches of your privacy very seriously.
How do we store personal information?
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by telephone, mail, over the Internet or other electronic media. We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper based files and other records and take steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The Principles also require us not to store personal information longer than necessary. Where we no longer require any personal information, we will destroy or de-identify it.
We will store your personal information in Australia for the purposes set out above. We may disclose your personal information overseas to China, Hong Kong or Canada.
How do we keep personal information accurate and up-to-date?
You have the right to check what personal information about you we hold
What if you have a complaint?
How to contact us
Attention Janis Wood
Phone (02) 9767 2178
Facsimile (02) 9767 2900
Postal address PO Box 3307, Rhodes NSW 2138