The COVID-19 pandemic has taken the Australian community into uncharted territory, requiring responses from government, business, communities and individuals.
Despite the disruption and complexities arising from COVID-19 (coronavirus) – and the further disruptions to come – we’re working to ensure our operations remain open and available, and our commitments to our customers are met to the best of our ability. First and foremost, that means protecting our greatest asset – the health and safety of our staff – and that has required some changes in our operations.
To date, Frasers Property Australia, and our local colleagues within Frasers Property Industrial, have taken the following steps to ensure the health and safety of our staff, our customers and our partners:
- On Tuesday 24 March all our office-based staff began working from home. In line with state Government advice, our office staff in NSW, WA and QLD transitioned back to work in our offices from Wednesday 1 July. Our investments in remote working technology and ‘flexible first’ workplace culture allowed for a successful and seamless transition to a working from home model and one that we will continue to adopt on return. Our VIC offices will continue to work from home in line with Government advice.
- All international air travel and all domestic air travel has been suspended.
- We’re scheduling phone or video meetings wherever possible, the ‘new normal’ for Australian business.
- We have introduced sensible pre-meeting screening questions, to ensure that in-person meetings and appointments can occur with confidence, and that we can continue to provide the essential services our clients rely on.
- We have increased the frequency and intensity of cleaning at our assets and are actively promoting social distancing and personal hygiene for our staff, customers and partners.
- We have plans in place to rapidly respond to any incidence of COVID-19 at our offices, sites and assets and will at all times act on the instructions of relevant authorities.
- Our offices and sales centres in NSW have been registered with the NSW Government as COVID Safe Businesses. This is a way of ensuring staff, and customers are aware of our commitment to ensuring a COVID safe environment within our workplaces and sales centres.
- And naturally, any staff member who has flu-like symptoms is isolating themselves from colleagues and customers.
In addition, the following responses are asset class specific:
- Frasers Property Australia owns and manages four shopping centres, Eastern Creek Quarter (NSW), Ed.Square Town Centre (NSW), Burwood Brickworks (VIC) and Coorparoo Square (QLD). All centres are open in line with relevant state Government protocols, to provide the essential goods and services keenly needed by the community.
- In line with Government advise, mandatory masks are required when in our shopping centres in NSW and VIC.
- Our Residential Sales Centres are once again open to the public across NSW, VIC, WA, and QLD. Increased hygiene and social distancing measures remain in place for all visitors. Our sales team also available via phone, video and email according to our customers’ preferences, and equipped to host virtual meetings (including contract signings).
- Appointments to Sales Centres in VIC are limited to 10 people, or two (2) groups of five (5) people maximum. Appointments are limited to 15 minutes in duration, and can be undertaken outside the 25km radius, however customers must remain in metro Melbourne, and masks must be worn indoors in line with Government advice.
- All Victorian sales teams are also available via phone, video and email according to our customers’ preferences, and equipped to host virtual meetings (including contract signings).
- Centres may operate to amended hours during the festive season, so we recommend confirming with your specific centre prior.
Our Residential Property Management team are once again holding open house inspections in NSW, WA and QLD, with increased hygiene measures and pre-meeting screenings in place to ensure the confidence of all. Our Property Management offices located at Shell Cove and Discovery Point in NSW are open-by-appointment only.
Our Property Management team in VIC are are able to make appointments for inspections. Each inspection can be to a maximum of 15 minutes, in line with the advice of public health authorities. We will continue to ask sensible pre-meeting screening questions, and our staff have been equipped with PPE to conduct these meetings, to ensure the safety of our staff and customers.
For tenants experiencing hardship due to COVID-19, we are negotiating pragmatically and in good faith in the interests of both tenants and landlords, and in compliance with government guidelines.
- Our Residential Building Management team remains available to provide the essential services residents depend on for the smooth operation of their buildings, with increased hygiene measures and screening protocols in place.
- Our Residential Prosperity Care team remain readily available by phone (13 86 88) and via the myProsperity app, with increased hygiene measures and pre-meeting screening protocols in place to manage essential service and maintenance appointments.
- Construction is considered an essential activity, excluded from the current government shutdowns.
- Our residential, retail and industrial construction sites remain open and operational, with rigorous protocols in place to maintain social distance and protect the health and wellbeing of our staff and sub-contractors.
In summary, although much of our workforce is now working remotely, our operations and service functions will continue largely as normal. You can be assured that, at all times, we are closely monitoring our operations and will act as instructed by the relevant authorities to ensure the safety and confidence of our staff, customers and communities.
Last updated: 4 January 2021.