A combination of taste, nutrition, flavour and low calories. The dish is suitable for all age groups and can be prepared in a manageable amount of time.
2 cans tuna chunks
|2 whole chickens|
|2 potatoes||2 tablespoons ginger paste|
|2 eggs||1/2 tablespoon garlic paste|
|1 onion, chopped||1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|2 green chilies, chopped||1/8 teaspoon ground mace|
|coriander leaves, chopped||1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon ginger powder||1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom|
|1 teaspoon coriander powder||2 pieces ground clove|
|1/2 teaspoon cumin powder||1 tablespoon salt|
|1 1/2 teaspoon salt||1/2 tablespoon sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon chili powder||1/2 cup yogurt|
|additional egg (optional)||potatoes|
|breadcrumbs||1/4 teaspoon yellow food colouring|
|1 1/2 cup oil||salt, additional|
|2 onions, chopped|
|500g basmati rice|
|2 bay leaves|
|1 cinnamon stick|
|1 1/2 cup oil|
|10 - 12 sultanas|
|2 green chili chopped|
|1 tablespoon keora water|
|Tuna Fishcake||Chicken Biryani|
1. Drain water from tuna chunks.
2. Boil potatoes and mash.
3. Mix tuna, potatoes, eggs, onion, green chilies, coriander leaves, ginger powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and chili powder.
4. Shape the fish cakes and coat them with additional egg (optional) & breadcrumbs.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan to medium heat.
6. Fry the fish cakes until golden brown.
7. Serve warm with sauce.
1. Cut each whole chicken into 8 pieces.
2. Marinate chicken pieces with ginger, garlic, nutmeg, mace, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, salt, sugar & yogurt and place in fridge for 2 hours.
3. Fry potatoes with yellow food colouring and salt.
4. Fry onion lightly then add chicken and fry for 5 minutes.
5. Add two cups of water with the chicken and boil, add more water if needed.
6. Wash rice and drain.
7. Heat oil in a saucepan to medium heat.
8. Add rice, bay leaves, cinnamon stick and salt in the saucepan and fry for 5 minutes.
9. Add water, sultanas and green chili into the rice mixture and boil.
10. Drain extra water if there is any.
11. Mix chicken, potatoes and keora water with rice.
12. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
13. Add fried onion and boiled egg to serve