This is a healthy breakfast designed to start the day healthy, and can be found in Gujarati, India.
50 grams rice
|1 teaspoon green chili paste|
|1 cup urad dal (split black gram)||1 teaspoon oil|
|3/4 cup water||1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds|
|1/4 cup yoghurt||1 teaspoon sesame seeds|
|1/2 teaspoon salt||10 - 15 curry leaves|
|1 teaspoon ginger||2 tablespoons coriander|
1. In a bowl add rice, split black gram flour, curd and water. Mix well to make a smooth batter. The batter should be of a thick consistency.
2. Add salt and set aside for 4 hours covered with lid.
3. Add ginger and green chili paste to batter and mix well.
4. Get the steamer ready on the stove.
5. Grease a baking dish with oil, pour the batter into the greased pan and steam for 10 - 12 minutes.
6. Cool and cut into cubes.
7. Heat oil in pan, add mustard seeds, sesame seeds and curry leaves. Allow to splutter.
8. Pour seed mix over dhokla & garnish with coriander.