This is a very special dish to me since it's a family recipe.
1 bowl fresh grated coconut
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|2 teaspoons red chili powder||2 green chilies, chopped|
|2 teaspoons coriander seeds||1 teaspoon turmeric powder|
|2cm piece ginger||2 teaspoons tamarind paste|
|1 teaspoon turmeric powder||500g prawns|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil||2 tablespoons coriander|
|2 tablespoons chopped coriander||Salt to taste|
1. Grind the grated coconut with red chili powder, coriander seeds, ginger and turmeric powder to a fine paste.
2. Heat oil in a pot, add green chilies and finely chopped onion.
Stir until it turns reddish brown then add the coconut paste with a little water.
3. Let it come to a boil then add tamarind paste, prawns and salt to taste.
4. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve.