This is a very healthy dish as it contains a variety of vegetables. It's delicious and colourful.
1 cup basmati rice
|3 tablespoons oil|
|1 onion||1/4 tablespoon cumin seed|
|1 potato||1/4 tablespoon turmeric powder|
|1 carrot||1/4 tablespoon biryani masala|
|1/4 cauliflower||1 tablespoon salt|
|1 cup greek yoghurt||1/4 tablespoon chili powder|
|1/4 cup peas||1/4 tablespoon cumin powder|
|1/4 sweet potato||1/2 bunch coriander|
|1/4 capsicum||1/4 bunch mint|
|Nuts to taste|
1. Prepare basmati rice in the rice cooker. Leave aside to cool down.
2. Chop onion, potato, carrot, cauliflower and any other vegetables mentioned above to a small size.
3. Heat the oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds.
4. Saute the chopped vegetables in oil. When browned, add the other spices and saute again.
5. Add the prepared rice and mix everything.
6. Garnish with mint, nuts and coriander.
7. To make raita, add 1/2 cup water to 1 cup yoghurt & keep sitrring till it is mixed.
8. Add the Boondi masala, salt, chili powder and cumin powder and mix again.
9. Garnish with mint and serve.