Across the country, within our communities and radiating from our people, generosity has defined our responses to Australia’s bushfire crisis.
The speed with which companies of all kinds have stepped up to contribute to bushfire relief and recovery has been heartening. While businesses have naturally and generously made direct donations to relief efforts – Frasers Property has supported Salvation Army Disaster Appeal and the Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal Disaster Resilience and Recovery Fund – the most urgent conversations within the property industry are about how to co-ordinate and deploy our unique resources to best effect. Frasers Property’s own people are uniquely equipped to support the recovery effort, and – together with our peers in the property industry – we’re actively looking for opportunities to help.
In the meantime, volunteering leave is unlimited for our staff working on bushfire relief, and the Frasers Property Foundation is matching bushfire relief donations made by our employees, in support of the Salvos and FRRR.
Frasers Property Australia’s immediate and long-term responses to the bushfire crisis includes:
- The Frasers Property Foundation has donated to the Salvation Army Disaster Appeal and the Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal Disaster Resilience and Recovery Fund (FRRR).
- Donations to bushfire relief by staff have been matched dollar-for-dollar by the Frasers Property Foundation.
- Paid volunteering leave is unlimited for staff involved in bushfire emergency relief efforts. We acknowledge and applaud the contribution of Senior Development Manager Sharon Coates, Development Director and Commanding Officer of the Engineering Regiment in the Army Reserves, who has been deployed on relief efforts in Victoria since 2 January.
- Paid volunteering leave is available to all staff as a matter of course, and we encourage staff to pursue opportunities to serve the community in whatever way they choose.
- We’re working with the Property Council of Australia and other industry groups to identify and co-ordinate opportunities for skilled volunteering and re-building projects for the medium to long term.
- Community and project team fundraising and relief efforts have naturally arisen, and continue to be fostered, across our residential, retail and commercial footprint, including at Shell Cove (NSW), Burwood Brickworks (Victoria) and Macquarie Exchange (NSW).
We are relieved that our own staff, our communities and our operations have not been directly impacted by bushfires.
We send our deepest condolences to the families of those who have lost loved ones, and to the many people and communities experiencing the devastating effects of the fires and their aftermath.
CEO, Frasers Property Australia